A healthy body is an issue that concerns both men and women. But the comfort they experience while exercising is also important. That’s why we brings you these tips to choose the right sportswear or good basketball shoes for volleyball, whatever the discipline you practice.
Is cotton or polyester sportswear better?
This is a question that surely many have asked themselves. Sometimes we think that cotton is the best choice in clothing, because it is an organic, soft and absorbent material. But, it is not always convenient to use it. An example of that is in sports.
To perform any physical activity it is important that the clothing allows the body to perspire. Although there are disciplines that make us sweat more than others, it will always be a good decision to choose synthetic sportswear. Cotton clothes, despite their quality, prevent the body from expelling toxins properly, they get soaked with sweat and end up becoming heavy.
The sportswear has to be light, which helps you eliminate moisture and keep you dry. Clothing suitable for running, crossfiting, and other high-intensity sports should be made of polyester and nylon. These are the most recommended textiles for exercise.
Women’s sportswear: between modern and comfortable
Women tend to be more concerned about how they will look in what they wear. They look for modern clothes that fit their body and allow them to exercise comfortably in the discipline they practice.
Pants for sports
Sports pants include the jogger, synthetic shorts, classic cotton sports pants and tights. Depending on the discipline you do, it will be the type of sport pants you choose.
The jogger is ideal for those low impact exercises such as Pilates and yoga. The shorts are recommended to wear on summer days for outdoor sports and, of course, are the most suitable for running. The sport pants are suitable for soft and constant movements. While the tights must know how to choose.
The classic tights are recommended for any activity since they facilitate mobility and are very comfortable. The capri are perfect for cycling and running. There are also the short tights that are recommended to be used in the hottest days and intense sports, such as speed races.
How do I choose a bra for sports?
The garment that most concerns women is the bra. Many wear the wrong size, or an inappropriate model for the type of breasts. Women have many doubts when buying this garment. Here’s how to choose a sports bra.
The most important thing for any type of bra is that it is your size. To make sure it is, we recommend you try it on before you buy it. Enter the dressing room of the store and there what:
- You move without impediment.
- Your breasts remain fixed.
- You can easily slide a couple of fingers under the tape around the cups and back.
- You breathe well.
- The fabric does not twist inside or out.
Depending on the size of your breasts, this will be the type of bra you will wear for exercise. Compression bras, like a top, are for small breasts. Those who wear A and B cups on a daily basis.
On the other hand, if you are a large size (C and D), the bra should not compress your breasts, but neither should it leave them in free movement. In this case the most recommended are those that keep the breasts separately in place.
Men’s sportswear, comfort is the main thing
The first thing you must determine is the discipline in which you will exercise, so that you choose the right sportswear. You don’t choose a pair of men’s running shoes if you are going to practice soccer. The same thing happens with clothing.
In sports what prevails is comfort. Feeling comfortable is what matters most to men. This doesn’t mean you’ll go to the gym with a T-shirt three sizes too big. Also, don’t wear tight clothing that marks areas of your body.
Choose comfortable, quality clothing
Follow these tips so that the comfort, the avant-garde and what suits you best go with you to your training place.
- If fitness is something totally new to you, we recommend wearing loose T-shirts or flannels. In sports stores you will find clothes in your size, whose model is not adjusted to the body. This will be very favorable for you if you want to hide localized fat.
- Design, quality, anatomy, durability and antibacterial fabrics are the characteristics that should prevail in the clothing. Finding these characteristics in one place will not be difficult, since sportswear brands work on the constant improvement of clothing for physical activity.
- Fashion advances as technology does. So it will be easy to find clothes with technological fabrics that promote perspiration while keeping you dry. Polyester, elastane, nylon; also bamboo and wool are the most recommended fabrics.
- Dress according to your sport. Tight clothing for spinning and cycling, loose clothing for aerobic exercise.
- The clothing, in turn, should be in accordance with the time of year in which you exercise.
- Choose clothes whose price is in accordance with the quality.
- Do not lend your sports clothes. These clothes are as personal as the underwear.
Tips for choosing winter sportswear
The overlapping of layers is the solution for the body to retain its normal warmth on cold days. This way you will remove or keep the clothes you are wearing as your body temperature rises or falls while you exercise.
How do I follow this recommendation? First put on a change of thermal clothing that protects you from the cold and releases body moisture. Then put on a light layer of other clothing. And finally, cover up with a waterproof sports outfit that protects you from the rain.
Synthetic fabrics such as Supplex or Coolmax are the right choice for low temperatures because they help keep your body warm. Wear a windbreaker and waterproof jacket during this season.
Other recommendations to protect you from the cold are to cover the parts of your body that are sensitive to low temperatures, such as your hands, ears and feet. Wear gloves, earmuffs and tubular scarves if necessary.
It is also important to note that the jacket you will wear has a front zipper and pockets. This way you can open or remove it as the temperature rises and you can keep your sports accessories in it.